California Supply Chain Act Disclosure
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires large manufacturers and retailers doing business in the State of California to disclose efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their supply chains.
Proliant Biologicals, LLC (the "Company") is committed to ensuring that our supply chain reflects our respect for human rights. We fully support efforts to combat, prohibit, and prevent human trafficking and slavery. In support of this philosophy and in compliance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657), the Company states as follows:
- Verification. The Company conducts periodic periodic evaluations of its supply chain. Large suppliers in the US, Europe and other developed countries are considered to be low risk for violating slavery and human trafficking laws. The Company has not employed a third party for verification.
- Audit. The Company expects all suppliers to follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where they do business and we depend on our suppliers to audit their businesses for compliance. Because of the overall low risk in the supply chain of the entities under our control, we do not currently audit suppliers for compliance.
- Certifications. The Company does not require suppliers to certify that products are made in compliance with the laws regarding human trafficking and slavery of the countries in which they are doing business; however, we will consider this option if it is determined a vendor is considered to be high risk. If we suspect a supplier is involved in these activities, we will conduct and inquiry and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Accountability. The Company employees managing procurement and supply chain matters are required to seek agreement from relevant suppliers regarding the supplier's compliance with applicable laws.
- Training. The Company provides training to all supply chain personnel regarding their role in preventing human trafficking and slavery as well as identification of risk.